Deiveson Figueiredo wants another crack at Brandon Moreno, the man who strangled him for the UFC Flyweight championship at UFC 263, which took place inside Gila River Arena in Glendale, Ariz., last month. Figueiredo (20-2-1) was handed his first loss in seven fights when Moreno (19-5-2) scored an impressive third round submission.
Now 0-1-1 against the newly-minted Mexican champion, “God of War” wants one more chance to make things right.
“I want the trilogy against Brandon Moreno. Trilogy, man,” Figueiredo said in a video sent to reporter Ariel Helwani by Figueiredo’s manager, Wallid Ismail.
Figueiredo and Moreno first fought to a majority draw at UFC 256 in Dec. 2020 after Figueiredo was deducted one point because of a groin strike. The “Fight of the Night” recipients and “Fight of the Year” winners immediately rematched six months later with a far more decisive outcome that favored Moreno.
Chances for an immediate rematch are uncertain, considering that Figueiredo only made one definitive defense of the 125-pound belt before dropping it to Moreno. He may be able to lean, however, on the fact that their first fight was a draw that would have gone Figueiredo’s way if not for the point deduction.
Finished reading this story? The party doesn’t have to stop. Click here to get more of the latest UFC news.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage