Unfortunately for mixed martial arts (MMA) veteran Mike Pyle, his retirement fight did not last all that long earlier tonight (Sat., Mar. 3, 2018) at UFC 222 from inside T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada, when he was finished by welterweight Zak Ottow via first-round TKO.
At 42 years of age, Pyle didn’t have much to offer in the early going. Ottow pressured from the start with wild swooping right hands. “Quicksand” did what he could to gauge distance and try to time one good shot, but Ottow was persistent and eventually cracked Pyle with a devastating right hand. Pyle dropped to the canvas like a sack of potatoes and Ottow piled on a few ground shots before the referee stepped in.
Check out the quick knockout finish above courtesy of UFC.
With this performance, Ottow gets back into the 170-pound win column after getting flattened by Li Jingliang back in November. Pyle’s chin isn’t what is used to be, but if Ottow can channel this sort of power moving forward he can make some noise just outside of the top 15.
For complete UFC 222 results and coverage click here.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage