“The Big Ticket” no longer has a seat at UFC Vegas 77.
That’s because the promotion quietly removed the heavyweight contest between Walt Harris and Josh Parisian, according to MMA Fighting, but officials failed to disclose the reason why ahead of this Sat. night’s (July 15) event at APEX in Las Vegas.
Harris later revealed the “issue” behind his withdrawal (more on that here).
Harris, who turned 40 back in June, was making his Octagon return after more than two years of inactivity. “The Big Ticket” is looking to snap a three-fight losing streak dating back to early 2020, with all three losses ending by way of technical knockout.
As for the 34 year-old Parisian (15-6), he broke into the heavyweight ranks with an impressive showing on Dana White’s “Contender Series” back in summer 2020, but failed to find his footing in the years that followed, dropping three of five inside the cage.
No word yet on whether this fight will be rebooked or scrapped altogether.
UFC Vegas 77 will be headlined by the women’s bantamweight title fight between former champion Holly Holm and Brazilian bruiser Mayra Bueno Silva. Elsewhere on the card, middleweight maulers Albert Duraev and Junyong Park hook ‘em up at 185 pounds.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage