Alexander Shabliy and Patricky Pitbull went toe-to-toe for 25 minutes in the opening main card fight of Bellator 301 earlier tonight (Fir., Nov. 17, 2023) to see which man would punch his ticket to the Lightweight Grand Prix finale.
After a full five rounds of action, it was Shabliy who had done the most damage to earn a unanimous decision victory. Shabliy was light on his feet all night and dominated the striking department. And that is exactly where the fight played out, with neither man shooting in for a take-down.
Pitbull did have some shining moments, exploding on a few occasions with bursts of energy to get some solid strikes in. But it was Shabliy’s patient and tactical attack that helped him put a hurting on Pitbull’s right eye, which was a swollen mess once the fight ended.
Check out the video highlights below:
Shabliy will now wait to see who he will face in the 155-pound finale since division champion, Usman Nurmagomedov, is no longer in the tournament after testing positive for a banned substance following his semifinal win over Brent Primus at Bellator 300.
To check out the latest Bellator MMA-related news and notes be sure to hit up our comprehensive news archive right here.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage