Ryan Garcia is back.
“The Flash” will return to the “sweet science” for a junior welterweight showdown opposite once-beaten Mexican bruiser Oscar Duarte via DAZN pay-per-view (PPV) on Sat., Dec. 2, 2023 at the historic Alamodome in San Antonio, Texas.
“Here you have a guy [Duarte] who’s coming off 11 KOs in a row,” Golden Boy Promotions CEO Oscar De La Hoya told ESPN. “There’s a guy who’s a power puncher who’s going to come forward and make Ryan fight. It’s the proper fight after a knockout loss to Gervonta.”
Garcia (23-1, 19 KOs) is looking to rebound from the first professional defeat of his career, a seventh-round knockout loss to Gervonta Davis in their much-ballyhooed grudge match last April. As for Duarte (26-1-1, 21 KOs), two years older than Garcia at 27, he’s coming off a technical knockout finish over D’Angelo Keyes back in May.
For more boxing news and notes click here.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage