Nate Diaz is from Stockton, Calif., where the area code is 209. He also smokes weed, which is often referred to as 420. So anytime Diaz does anything that somehow relates to those two numbers, fanboys run wild because ... I guess it’s a real hoot?
Anyway, Diaz submitted Tony Ferguson in the UFC 279 pay-per-view (PPV) main event last weekend in Las Vegas, after “El Cucuy” stepped in for the too-heavy Khamzat Chimaev. A related screen grab shows the fight clock at 2:09 during the finish.
“I’m starting to think that maybe we really are in a simulation,” UFC color commentator Joe Rogan — cageside for UFC 279 — wrote on Instagram. “Holy shit.”
The official time of stoppage actually came at 2:08 in the fourth round, which is like finding a free bag of weed on April 19. Close ... but no blunt. At the same time, we shouldn't let a silly little thing like “facts” get in the way of a good Rogan story.
For much more on Diaz vs. Ferguson at UFC 279 click here.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage