Top-ranked UFC welterweight contender Colby Covington is making good use of his time off, recently entering the 2022 Seminole Hard Rock Poker Open inside Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Hollywood, Florida. “Chaos” was one of 7,703 entries — with a hefty $400 buy-in — for a Deep Stack No-Limit Hold’em tournament contested from July 27 – August 1.
Covington placed seventh and took home $48,298.
Here are the final table results:
- Andrew Pecina $225,906
- Tommy Morgado $186,979
- Nicholas Carballo $173,368
- Hossein Pezeshkan $165,792
- David Frenkel $155,827
- Corel Theuma $73,718
- Colby Covington $48,298
- Scott Livingston $35,588
- Vinny Monteiro $25,420
The 2022 Seminole Hard Rock Poker Open set the record for largest poker tournament in Florida history, beating out the Rock ‘n’ Roll Poker Open last November in Hollywood, which drew a total of 6,196 entries.
Covington, 34, has not competed since a unanimous decision victory over Jorge Masvidal as part of the UFC 272 pay-per-view (PPV) event back in March, a grudge match that unfortunately led to some extracurricular activity on the streets of Miami.
Masvidal is expected back in court for his role later this month.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage