*** Update: Chris Curtis is now in versus Jack Hermansson. See updated UFC London fight card here. ***
Darren Till can’t catch a break.
ESPN’s Marc Raimondi broke the news today (Weds., July 6, 2022) that the former Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) Welterweight title challenger has been injured out of his upcoming bout against Jack Hermansson at UFC London on July 23, 2022. Till has now seen five fights canceled since July 2020.
The extent of his injury remains unclear at this time.
“Darren Till is out of his scheduled UFC London co-main event bout with Jack Hermansson due to an undisclosed injury, sources told ESPN.” Raimondi tweeted.
Shortly after revealing the news, Raimondi added that a replacement remains possible for Till.
“The frontrunner to replace Till? None other than Chris Curtis, who has won eight straight and earned his way into the UFC after retiring and unretiring in the same night during the PFL playoffs back in 2019,” he added.
This will mark the fourth UFC appearance since Nov. 2021 for Curtis. “Action Man” most recently defeated Brazilian jiu-jitsu wizard, Rodolfo Vieira, via unanimous decision at UFC Vegas 57 two weeks ago (June 25, 2022). As for the No. 8-ranked Hermansson, he’s alternated wins and losses in his last six outings. “The Joker” last fought dropping a split decision to Sean Strickland in Feb. 2022.
Check out the upcoming UFC London card below:
- 265 lbs.: Curtis Blaydes vs. Tom Aspinall
- 185 lbs.: Jack Hermansson vs. Chris Curtis
- 155 lbs.: Paddy Pimblett vs. Jordan Leavitt
- 205 lbs.: Nikita Krylov vs. Alexander Gustafsson
- 125 lbs.: Molly McCann vs. Hannah Goldy
- 205 lbs.: Paul Craig vs. Volkan Oezdemir
- 155 lbs.: Marc Diakiese vs. Damir Hadžović
- 145 lbs.: Makwan Amirkhani vs. Jonathan Pearce
- 125 lbs.: Muhammad Mokaev vs. Charles Johnson
- 155 lbs.: Jai Herbert vs. Kyle Nelson
- 125 lbs.: Victoria Leonardo vs. Mandy Bohm
- 170 lbs.: Cláudio Silva vs. Nicolas Dalby