You can’t buy a UFC pay-per-view (PPV) without a subscription to ESPN+.
As of this writing, the current price for a UFC PPV is $74.99, which requires a $6.99 monthly subscription to ESPN+. According to Bloomberg, that cost will increase by 43 percent for a total of $9.99 per month beginning Aug. 23, 2022. In addition, the ESPN+ annual package will jump from $69.99 to $99.99.
If you want to beat the price hike, be sure to sign up here prior to the cutoff date.
The digital network has been “gaining momentum,” according to the report, showing a subscriber increase of 62 percent over the last 12 months, but “it’s still not making money” despite 22.3 million subscriptions. This marks the second time this year that UFC fans have been hit with a new price tag.
The next ESPN+ PPV offering is UFC 277: “Pena vs. Nunes 2” on July 30, 2022, in Dallas, Texas.
“The buzzword has completely shifted from subscriber growth to profitability,” said Geetha Ranganathan, an analyst at Bloomberg Intelligence. “They’re even willing to risk a little bit of churn if they can boost their ARPU (average revenue per user) number.”
The good news? The ESPN+, Disney+ and Hulu bundle will remain at $13.99 per month.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage