UFC lightweight phenom Paddy Pimblett recently told combat sports reporters he was the true “draw” for the promotion after he “swept the O2 right up” by steamrolling warm-body-of-the-moment Kazula Vargas last March across the pond.
See those highlights here.
“I’m the star of the show,” Pimblett said. “It’s that simple. I could have main evented this one. I could have. I was the people’s main event. But I think you saw from the build-up and all the stuff, the adverts and that, I think we know who the next star is, simple as. I’ve told you this. It’s the ‘Baddy’ show.”
I guess the marketing department didn’t get the Email because Pimblett failed to make the UFC London poster for the upcoming “Blaydes vs. Aspinall” MMA event on July 23 at O2 Arena, the same location “The Baddy” used to lay waste to Vargas back in March.
Have a look:
Pimblett faces “Contender Series” standout Jordan Leavitt.
UFC London will be headlined by the heavyweight showdown between Curtis Blaydes and Tom Aspinall. Elsewhere on the ESPN+ fight card, Jack Hermansson and Darren Till collide at middleweight while Alexander Gustafsson and Nikita Krylov hook ‘em up at 205 pounds.
For the rest of the UFC London fight card and PPV lineup click here.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage