Yoel Romero returned to the Bellator cage for his second fight for the promotion earlier today (Fri., May 6, 2022) to face off against Alex Polizzi, and he returned to the dominant ways that once made him one of the most feared middleweights on the planet.
For 15 minutes, “Soldier of God” toyed with Polizzi, snapping his head back with one left hand after another, dropping him on multiple occasions. Much to the chagrin of some, when it seemed as if Romero had the chance to finish the fight, he simply stayed put and told the crowd to be patient.
And then we found out why...
After dominating, rocking and dropping Polizzi for the entire fight, Romero unleashed a final burst of punches that dropped “Eazy” one more time. On his way up, a bewildered Polizzi ate a huge right hand that forced the referee to put an end to the contest — and the punishment — with only one second remaining on the clock.
The win is Romero’s first in over three years, snapping his four-fight skid. After the fight, it was revealed that Romero will once again be paired up to face Melvin Manhoef at an upcoming event in Dublin, Ireland later this year.
For complete Bellator 280 play-by-play updates and results click here
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage