Nate Diaz appears to have a possible last fight in Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC), and it could be against the hottest rising star in the entire sport.
UFC President, Dana White, recently appeared on the Pivot Podcast on Tuesday and potentially (er, accidentally) revealed several upcoming bouts when viewers noticed the boss’ War Room whiteboard in the background. Among the line ups for upcoming events was a co-main event slot at UFC 276 on July 2, 2022, occupied by Diaz versus Khamzat Chimaev.
Diaz last fought in June 2021 against Leon Edwards at UFC 263. Despite coming up short via unanimous decision, Diaz left a lasting impression, giving Edwards a late scare in the final minute, staggering the top-ranked contender.
As for Chimaev, “Borz” most recently earned his biggest victory yet, going to war with Gilbert Burns at UFC 273 last month (watch highlights). The win acted as Chimaev’s eleventh in his career and his first requiring the judges’ scorecards. As a result, previously No. 11-ranked, Chimaev launched directly into The top 3 and has since been speculated to face Colby Covington next.
Several other fights yet to be potentially announced were seen on the board, including Sean O’Malley vs. Pedro Munhoz. When it comes to UFC 276’s official line up as it currently stands, however, which can be seen below:
- 125 lbs.: Miesha Tate vs. Lauren Murphy
- 125 lbs.: Jessica Eye vs. Maycee Barber
- 185 lbs.: Brad Tavares vs. Dricus du Plessis
- 135 lbs.: Jessica-Rose Clark vs. Julija Stoliarenko
- 185 lbs.: Uriah Hall vs. Andre Muniz
- 170lbs.: Robbie Lawler vs. Bryan Barberena
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage