UFC lightweight contender Beneil Dariush suffered an ankle injury and was forced to withdraw from the upcoming UFC Vegas 49 main event. Stepping in on short notice to battle No. 4-ranked lightweight contender Islam Makhachev is 155-pound veteran Bobby Green, fresh off his victory over Nasrat Haqparast at UFC 271 last weekend in Las Vegas.
The bookies remain unimpressed.
Makhachev opened as the -1000 betting favorite against +600 for the underdog Green, according to the number crunchers over at BetOnline.ag. It didn’t take long for money to come rushing in for a line of that magnitude, which has since been adjusted to -600 for Makhachev and +400 for Green.
The 30 year-old Makhachev (21-1) is the winner of nine straight, including his submission victory over Dan Hooker at UFC 267 back in October. Green, 35, improved to 29-12-1 with his performance against Haqparast, having previously defeated Al Iaquinta at UFC 268. Makhachev is expected to earn a lightweight title shot with a victory at UFC Vegas 49; however, it’s unknown if the same reward awaits “King” with an upset in “Sin City.”
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage