The final Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) event of the year is stacking up nicely.
MMAmania.com’s Alex Behunin confirmed with sources today (Tues., Oct. 4, 2022) that a clash between Strawweight prospects, Cheyanne Vlismas and Cory McKenna, will go down at UFC Vegas 66 in Las Vegas, Nevada, on Dec. 17, 2022.
Vlismas will enter the bout having not competed in a full year. Her last victory came via a unanimous decision against Mallory Martin in Dec. 2021, extending her current streak to two straight. Vlismas entered the promotion with a lot of hype and buzz around her name following a strong showing on Contender Series in 2020, defeating Hilarie Rose to earn her contract.
McKenna also entered the promotion as a Contender Series winner, taking out a fellow UFC Strawweight, Vanessa Demopoulos. Wales’ McKenna, 23, is 2-1 since arriving in the Octagon and last scored an impressive Von Flue choke against Miranda Granger in Aug. 2022.
UFC Vegas 66, which will take place on Dec. 17, 2022, will be headlined by a top contender bout at Middleweight, pitting Jared Cannonier against Sean Strickland. Both fighters aim to rebound after losing efforts in their respective UFC 276 efforts this past July 2022.
Check out the latest UFC Vegas 66 fight card as it currently stands below:
- 185 lbs.: Jared Cannonier vs. Sean Strickland
- 205 lbs.: Jamal Pogues vs. Tafon Nchukwi
- 185 lbs.: Julian Marquez vs. Deron Winn
- 135 lbs.: Sergey Morozov vs. Journey Newson
- 125 lbs.: Amir Albazi vs. Alex Perez
- 185 lbs.: Michał Oleksiejczuk vs. Albert Duraev
- 155 lbs.: Damir Ismagulov vs. Arman Tsarukyan
- 115 lbs.: Cheyanne Vlismas vs. Cory McKenna
- 170 lbs.: Michael Morales vs. Rinat Fakhretdinov
- 155 lbs.: Hayisaer Maheshate vs. Rafa Garcia
This poll is closed