Eagles FC’s first event under owner Khabib Nurmagomedov, EFC 44, will go down inside FLX Arena in Miami, Fla., on Jan. 28, 2022, with a headlining act featuring Tyron Spong taking on Sergei Kharitonov. And now the first promo for the Heavyweight bout has been revealed ... and it is fire.
It starts off with Kharitonov receiving the location of his assignment via text message, a nice reference to Khabib’s infamous words to Conor McGregor after “Notorious” caused havoc in New York during his attack on a bus full of fighters a few years ago.
Spong goes on to get the same alert and the rest of the video is the two men making their way to the designated spot of their showdown. After Kharitonov jacks a luxury Rolls Royce from an unsuspecting civilian and Spong does the same to get a speedboat, the two men eventually find themselves staring each other down inside the cage.
In all honesty, it’s a pretty well-executed promo.
In EFC 44’s co-main event, former Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) Light Heavyweight champion, Rashad Evans, will end his retirement to take on Gabriel Cheko. In further action, Ray Borg will battle Cody Gibson in a Bantamweight affair.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage