Former Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) Featherweight title contender, Chad Mendes, is trading his gloves for, well, no gloves. According to a post on his Instagram account, “Money” is set to make his Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship (BKFC) debut on Feb. 19, 2022.
Mendes will face off against Joshuah Famez in a Lightweight scrap at the upcoming “Knucklemania 2” event in Hollywood, Fla.
Mendes retired from mixed martial arts (MMA) in July 2019. Prior to hanging it up, the Team Alpha Male (TAM)-trained fighter had been on a bit of a slump, losing four of his last six fights inside the Octagon, including defeats to Conor McGregor, Frankie Edgar and Jose Aldo.
“Money” last competed at UFC 232 in Dec. 2018, a second-round technical knockout loss to current 145-pound champion Alexander Volkanovski. That would be the last time the hard-hitting wrestler stepped foot inside the Octagon.
Mendes is just the latest UFC fighter to make the jump into BKFC, joining the likes of Joey Beltran, Joe Riggs, Rachael Ostovich and Paige VanZant, among others. The Feb. 19 “Knuckle Mania 2” event will also feature another former UFC contender as Mike Perry will face off against Julian Lane.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage