Former UFC flyweight champion Demetrious Johnson will look to bounce back from his recent loss when he battles international sensation Rodtang Jitmuangnon in a ONE-centric gimmick match that alternates between MMA and Muay Thai.
Their battle headlines the upcoming ONE X card on Dec. 5, though a city and venue have yet to be made official. That’s according to promotion president Chatri Sityodtong, who announced the booking on the latest edition of The MMA Hour.
Rounds two and four of Johnson vs. Jitmuangnon will be contested under MMA rules, while rounds one and three are strictly Muay Thai. Johnson is considered one of the greatest MMA fighters in history, just as Jitmuangnon is among the top Muay Thai combatants to ever compete.
Elsewhere on the ONE X card, ONE bantamweight champion Bibiano Fernandes puts his title on the line opposite former UFC power puncher John Lineker. In addition, ONE featherweight champion Thanh Le risks his 145-pound strap by taking on jiu-jitsu wizard Gary Tonon.
Expect more ONE X fight card announcements in the coming weeks.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage