Why did former UFC champ Conor McGregor and “rap devil” Machine Gun Kelly get into a scuffle at the MTV Video Music Awards last Sunday in Brooklyn? Because “Notorious” was allegedly sending direct messages (DMs) to Kelly’s girlfriend, Megan Fox, on social media.
That’s according to a new report from tabloid show Extra.
McGregor was forcibly restrained on the red carpet after lunging at Kelly, throwing a drink and losing his cane in the process. Fox was ushered to safety and security was able to quickly restore order (see the video highlights here).
I’m sure the irony is not lost on UFC fans after suffering through McGregor’s ridiculous rants about longtime rival Dustin Poirier, back when “Notorious” accused Jolie Poirier — wife of “The Diamond” — of trying to privately message him ahead of UFC 264.
Believe it or not, there was a time in the not-too-distant past when Twitter and Instagram did not exist and the biggest social media scandal we had to report involved some jackass posing as then-UFC heavyweight champ Tim Sylvia on MySpace.
Sigh ... good times.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage