The pay-per-view (PPV) buys for Jake Paul vs. Tyron Woodley are reportedly in ... and the event was trumped by Floyd Mayweather vs. Logan Paul.
Jake and Woodley were adamant that their boxing match would sell close to the same number of PPV buys as Mayweather and Logan did in June; however, that appears to be far from the case. The Wrestling Observer Newsletter reports that Paul vs. Woodley performed in the range of 480,000 to 500,000 PPV buys, with other sources suggesting the total could be lower. By contrast, Mayweather-Paul cleared the 1 million mark.
Showtime Boxing promoted and aired both contests.
It is worth noting that Paul vs. Woodley was sold at $59.99 in the United States; meanwhile, Mayweather vs. Paul was marketed at $49.99.
Jake defeated Woodley via split decision when the two fought at Showtime Boxing’s PPV event at Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse in Cleveland, Ohio, on Aug. 29, 2021. Mayweather and Logan went eight rounds in an exhibition boxing match with no judges. The bout took place inside Hard Rock Stadium in Miami Gardens, Fla., on June 6, 2021.
Finished reading this story? The party doesn’t have to stop. Click here to get more of the latest UFC news.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage