Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse in Cleveland, Ohio, nearly lived up to its name last weekend during the Jake Paul vs. Tyron Woodley pay-per-view (PPV) event, thanks to a bomb scare that allegedly involved “17 devices” ready to explode.
That’s according to a report from TMZ.
While the cuckoo caller instructed police to evacuate the building, which I’m sure would have made for a ton of laughs for the anonymous prankster, authorities instead sent the bomb squad to sniff out the explosives ... which were never found.
A police investigation is ongoing.
Several spectators were evacuated anyway, or tossed out on their ears, depending on how you look at it. Multiple fights broke out during the event, with some of the fan vs. fan action landing on social media (sample here).
Paul captured a split decision over Woodley in their eight-round cruiserweight affair, leading to calls for an immediate rematch. Amanda “Real Deal” Serrano and Tommy “TNT” Fury also reigned supreme on Aug. 29 in Cleveland.
For much more on the Paul-Woodley PPV event click here.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage