Darren Till is looking to cement his place among the middleweight elite, starting with his Derek Brunson main event at UFC Vegas 36 a week from Sat. night (Sept. 4, 2021) inside the promotion’s APEX facility in Las Vegas, Nevada.
But don’t rule out another run at welterweight just yet.
“I could probably still make welterweight,” Till told ESPN (transcribed by Cole Shelton). “I know Kamaru Usman wants to fight me, I know he’s said that. He said ‘I still want to fight Till’, and we’ve got a little bit of history. It’s him and Leon (Edwards) destined to fight. Leon gonna take that title, but why can’t I go down for one last hurrah and see if I can’t grab that strap I was meant to have?”
Till abandoned 170 pounds after a series of brutal weight cuts.
Whether or not Till returns to the welterweight division may depend on how close he comes to fulfilling his self-prophesied destiny opposite Israel Adesanya, who may be rooting for “The Gorilla” to beat Brunson, simply to settle this score.
To see who else is fighting at UFC Vegas 36 click here.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage