The legendary Manny Pacquiao (62-7-2, 39 KO) will be back in action later tonight (Sat., Aug. 21, 2021) live on FITE/FOX pay-per-view (PPV) from inside T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada, when “Pacman” takes on Cuban champion Yordenis Ugas (26-4, 12 KO) for the WBA (Super) Welterweight title.
Pacquiao was originally scheduled to fight undefeated WBC and IBF welterweight champion Errol Spence Jr. at this event, but a torn retina knocked Spence out of commission (details here). Luckily, Ugas was able to step up and save the card so fight fans can still see Pacquiao compete inside of the boxing ring.
Pacquiao, who turns 43 this December, has looked like a rejuvenated fighter since his unprecedented loss to Jeff Horn back in 2017. Since that defeat, Pacquiao has produced a 3-0 record with massive wins over Lucas Matthysse, Adrien Broner, and most recently Keith Thurman. He has continued to defy the odds at his age and seems ready to go toe-to-toe with anyone in his weight class.
While it would have been interesting to see Pacquiao against someone like Spence there’s no shame in a matchup with Ugas. The Cuban champion is a much longer fighter than Pacquiao and has only lost a split decision to Shawn Porter in his last 12 trips to the ring. He should be able to put up a good fight in his most high-profile matchup to date.
Check out all of the viewing details and start times for “Pacquiao vs. Ugas” below:
- Sat., Aug. 21, 2021, from inside T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Main card begins at 9 p.m. ET / 6 p.m. PT.
- “Pacquiao vs. Ugas” main event begins around 11:15 p.m. ET / 8:15 p.m. PT.
- “Pacquiao vs. Ugas” PPV main card can be purchased through the FOX Sports network for $74.99.
- “Pacquiao vs. Ugas” PPV main card can also be viewed through FITE.TV. That will also run you $74.99.
- “Pacquiao vs. Ugas” PPV main card can be purchased through the FOX Sports App via Apple TV, Roku, Fire TV, Android TV, PlayStation, or Xbox.
- “Pacquiao vs. Ugas” PPV main card will be accessible through the FOX Sports App via Android and Apple.
- Welterweight: Manny Pacquiao vs. Yordenis Ugas
- Welterweight: Robert Guerrero vs. Victor Ortiz
- Featherweight: Mark Magsayo vs. Julio Ceja
- Featherweight Carlos Castro vs. Oscar Escandon