UFC veteran Maryna Moroz, completely out of left field, recently told the combat sports media that former training partner and fellow UFC flyweight Mariya Agapova was kicked out of American Top Team for abusing drugs and threatening to stab her teammates.
Poppycock, according to manager Alex Davis.
“Mariya went through some difficult moments,” Davis told MMA Fighting. “She was all alone [in the United States], but now she’s been through therapy, she’s much better and she’s already training for a fight. It had nothing to do with drugs. Absolutely nothing.”
Read the startling accusations from Moroz right here.
Agapova (9-2), still just 24 years old, came up short on Dana White’s “Contender Series” back in summer 2019, but earned her spot with UFC by scoring back-to-back finishes for Invicta FC. In two subsequent trips to the Octagon, Agapova is 1-1, having recently lost to the rough-and-tumble Shana Dobson.
“This is Mariya’s private life that we’re not going to make an issue to make her private life public,” Davis continued. “She came to the states from Kazakhstan, she went through some difficult moments, she had some crises, she got therapy, she’s doing very, very well now. She’s already training for a fight. There’s no drugs. It has nothing to do with it.”
As of this writing, Agapova remains unbooked.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage