Miesha Tate will make her long-awaited return to MMA later this month when the former UFC women’s bantamweight champion meets veteran Marion Reneau at UFC Vegas 31. It will be the first time Tate is competing inside of the Octagon in nearly five years.
Tate, who announced her retirement back in 2016 following a decision loss to Raquel Pennington at UFC 205, decided to return to fighting this past March. The former UFC champion revealed that her retirement left her in a dark place and she’s ready to return to action and make another push towards a title. Despite her long layoff, Tate remains just 34 years of age.
Leading up to her return later this month at UFC Vegas 31 Tate has released some in-depth training footage. Having not competed in so long and coming off the birth of two children many fight fans are curious how “Cupcake” looks ahead of her comeback fight.
The first two episodes of Tate’s comeback video series can be seen below:
While Reneau is a veteran fighter well past her prime this is still a stiff test for Tate. After all, “Cupcake” has lost her last two trips to the Octagon. After losing her UFC women’s bantamweight title to Amanda Nunes at UFC 200 she lost the aforementioned matchup to Pennington just four months later.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage