Let’s try this again.
Kevin Lee will once again attempt to make his welterweight return against top prospect Sean Brady, this time at the upcoming UFC event on Aug. 28, which is just a few weeks after their UFC 264 showdown got canceled due to an injury suffered by “The Motown Phenom.”
More on that turn events right here.
Lee (18-6) was hoping to capitalize on his knockout win over Gregor Gillespie at UFC 244 back in late 2019. Unfortunately, “The Motown Phenom” was run over by the Charles Oliveira Express, which didn’t book any scheduled stops en route to the championship station.
As for Brady, undefeated at 14-0, the welterweight whiz kid can seemingly do no wrong. After a debut win over the rough-and-tumble Court McGee at UFC on ESPN 6, the Pennsylvanian went on to capture his next three fights, including a UFC 259 submission victory over Jake Matthews last March.
I think it’s fair to say Lee is being positioned as a stepping stone.
The UFC “Fight Night” event on Aug. 28 does not yet have a main event but several matchups have already been attached to the ESPN+ fight card, including the women’s bantamweight showdown between Sara McMann and Ketlen Vieira.
Expect more bouts to trickle in over the next few weeks.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage