Shortly after the promotion said goodbye to a bout at UFC Vegas 32, featherweight veteran Doo Ho Choi announced his withdrawal from UFC Vegas 33, which takes place on Sat., July 31, 2021 inside APEX in Las Vegas, Nevada.
The culprit? An “unexpected accident,” according to his Instagram update.
“First of all, I’m so sorry for the fans who are waiting for my fight because I couldn’t have a fight due to injury,” Choi wrote. “I injured my shoulder in the last sparring session on Friday night. It was very light and easy rolling but something bad unlucky thing happened. It is not a huge injury, but definitely it isn’t something that can handle the fight. If I had more time for recover, I would push forward and take the fight, but our camp inevitable decided that two weeks were just too shorts to recover.”
No word yet on what matchmakers plan to do with opponent Danny Chavez, though it’s not outrageous to think the promotion can scare up an available featherweight with well over a week to go before official weigh ins.
“I’m so sad that I prepared for this fight very hard and I apologize to Danny because he must have prepared so hard for this battle as well,” Choi continued. “I’ll be back in good condition soon, I really want to fight Danny when I get back show my best performance for the fans. Wait until I come back it will not be long.”
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage