Joe Schilling is going to court.
The former GLORY kickboxing and Bellator MMA fighter is being sued for more than $30,000, according to MMA Fighting, for knocking out random bar patron Justin Balboa back on June 27 in Ft. Lauderdale.
Schilling insists he was acting in self defense.
Joining “Stitch ‘Em Up” in the Broward County lawsuit — and also on the hook for more than $30,000 — is Bro Management Las Olas LLC, owner of “B Square Burgers” where last month’s incident took place.
“We’ve initiated the lawsuit, the defendants are in the process of being served,” attorney Rich Conforti said. “We believe Mr. Balboa has considerably high-damages claim for what has happened based on the actions of Mr. Schilling and the negligence of Bro Management.”
The lawsuit describes Schilling as “uniquely skilled and trained to be brutally efficient and abnormally dangerous with his bare hands.”
Schilling has yet to comment on the pending lawsuit.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage