Dustin Poirier scored the edge in his trilogy vs. Conor McGregor last night (Sat., July 10, 2021) at UFC 264 live on ESPN+ PPV from inside T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada, when “The Diamond” beat up the Irish fighter (watch highlights) prior to a nasty lower leg injury (see it). In addition to the Lightweight trilogy, a slew of pay-per-view (PPV) main card and “Prelims” undercard bouts turned in some serious action.
Check them out below and let us know your favorite:
- Tai Tuivasa shut off Greg Hardy’s lights immediately after getting stunned.
- Irene Aldana delivered a tremendous knockout on the strength of a check hook and follow up elbows.
- Sean O’Malley picked apart the incredible tough Kris Moutinho en route to a last-second stoppage win.
- Driscus Du Plessis scored a huge right hand knockout over Trevin Giles in the second round.
- Zhalgas Zhumagalov recovered from a rough start to score a nasty strangulation in the opening fight of the night.
Ultimately, however, the following bonuses were awarded:
- Fight of the Night: Sean O’Malley vs. Kris Moutinho (Highlights)
- Performance of the Night: Tai Tuivasa (Recap)
- Performance of the Night: Driscus Du Plessis (Highlights)
Really, it’s a helluva of a story for Moutinho, who was something of a sacrificial lamb found for O’Malley as a last-second replacement. He did not come close to winning the bout, but Moutinho did showcase his heart and toughness, and those attributes earned him a serious paycheck!
To check out the latest and greatest UFC 264: “McGregor vs. Poirier 3” news and notes be sure to hit up our comprehensive event archive right here.