Former Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) lightweight champion Conor McGregor, who also wore gold at 145 pounds, is making his return to the Octagon to settle his score with longtime nemesis (and fellow ex-featherweight) Dustin Poirier.
They’ll do the deed atop the UFC 264 pay-per-view (PPV) event, scheduled for Sat., July 10, 2021 inside T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada. “Notorious” is hoping to avenge his loss to “The Diamond” at UFC 257 back in January.
To help get fans pumped for next month’s “Sin City” extravaganza, the promotion released McGregor’s majority decision win over Nate Diaz, which came in the welterweight division back in 2016. “Notorious” was submitted by the Stockton grappler at UFC 196 the previous March.
I never thought we would get a Poirier trilogy ahead of a Diaz rubber match, but it doesn’t sound like the promotion was in any hurry to finish up that “massive” rivalry after McGregor’s close call at UFC 202. Perhaps a loss at UFC 264 will leave him with no choice.
For the updated UFC 264 fight card and lineup click here.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage