Glover Teixeira will have to wait a wee-bit longer for what may be his final UFC title shot after his planned bout versus Jan Blachowicz was reportedly pushed from UFC 266 to UFC 267.
Blachowicz vs. Teixeira has reportedly been postponed, according to Ag Fight. The UFC Light Heavyweight title clash was expected to headline UFC 266 on Sat., Sept. 26, 2021, via ESPN+ pay-per-view (PPV). The new report states Blachowicz vs. Teixeira will now headline UFC 267, which takes place on “Fight Island“ in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, on Oct. 30, 2021, via ESPN+ PPV.
Blachowicz (28-8) enters the fight having won five consecutive fights. He most recently defended his belt against UFC Middleweight champion, Israel Adesanya, at UFC 259 in March, and also defeated Dominick Reyes, Corey Anderson, Ronaldo Souza and Luke Rockhold in that five-fight stretch.
Teixeira (32-7) is in rare form, tying his own five-fight win streak from 2012-2013. Since 2019, the 41-year-old has defeated Thiago Santos, Anthony Smith, Nikita Krylov, Ion Cutelaba and Karl Roberson.
UFC 267 is expected to take place on “Fight Island” in Abu Dhabi on Oct. 30, 2021, via ESPN+ PPV. The card will reportedly be headlined by UFC Light Heavyweight champion Jan Blachowicz vs. Glover Teixeira.
For the latest UFC news click here.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage