Bellator MMA crowned a new Heavyweight champion at Bellator 261 — albeit on an interim basis — with Valentin Moldavsky taking home a unanimous decision win over No. 1 ranked Timothy Johnson.
It was a 25-minute war that saw both men have shining moments, but it seemed as if Johnson was a bit more aggressive and landed more clean shots. During an inadvertent clash of heads, Johnson suffered a cut about his right eye.
Johnson seemed to control the pace, stalking his foe while stuffing most of his takedown attempts. Johnson was more aggressive during the 25-minute affair, but Moldavsky was a bit more calculated. When it was all said and done, the cageside judges saw it in favor of Moldavsky, with one judge giving him a clean sweep. The numbers also showed Moldavksy landing more strikes.
Moldavsky is now a Bellator MMA champion and will face off against the current 265-pound title holder, Ryan Bader, once “Darth” fulfills his duties in the promotion’s Light Heavyweight Grand Prix tournament.
For full Bellator 261: “Johnson vs Moldavsky” play-by-play updates and results click here.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage