I’ve got bad news for all three of the Luke Rockhold fans out there: The Vengeance Express won’t be stopping at the 185-pound station.
That’s according to Ariel Helwani, who told his Twitter followers that Khamzat Chimaev turned down not one, but two opportunities to fight former middleweight champion Luke Rockhold, including a five-round main event in August.
“All respect but I thought he would fight anyone,” Rockhold told Helwani.
That comes as a bit of a surprise when you consider how much crap Chimaev was talking over the last few weeks. Not only did “Borz” insist he was ready to “smesh” middleweight champion Israel Adesanya, he also claimed to be chasing after Jan Blachowicz at 205 pounds.
I guess Chimaev needs more prep time with the Sunday comics.
Despite his red-hot start to UFC, which resulted in three straight wins (and three consecutive finishes), the 8-0 Chimaev was felled by a nasty case of coronavirus. Not only did the illness put a halt to his combat sports career, it nearly forced “Borz” to retire.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage