Former UFC featherweight champion Max Holloway has been injured and pulled from his Yair Rodriguez headliner at UFC Vegas 31, previously scheduled for Sat., July 17, 2021 inside APEX in Las Vegas, Nevada.
That’s according to ESPN Deportes.
Holloway, 29, was looking to build on his emphatic victory over Calvin Kattar at the promotion’s ABC event back in January, the first non-championship bout from the “Blessed” Hawaiian following back-to-back title fights against Alexander Volkanovski.
The nature of Holloway’s injury and a timeline for his recovery have yet to be revealed.
As for Rodriguez, 28, he’s been on the sidelines since capturing a unanimous decision victory over Jeremy Stephens at UFC on ESPN 6 in late 2019. “Pantera” has struggled to stay active, registering just two fights (and one No Contest) over the last four years.
No word yet on how the promotion plans to handle the new main event for July 17, but the bantamweight showdown between former champion Miesha Tate and veteran bruiser Marion Reneau is the likely frontrunner.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage