Former UFC lightweight champion Conor McGregor is the world’s highest paid-athlete, according to the 2021 list from Forbes, beating out richy-rich mainstays like Cristiano Ronaldo and LeBron James, among others.
You can thank Proper No. 12 for that.
McGregor sold his Irish whiskey to Proximo Spirits for $150 million profit, and when added to his UFC fight purse and other endorsement deals, “Notorious” finished with a grand total of $180 million, a staggering $50 million more than soccer star Lionel Messi, who came in at No. 2 on the list with $130 million.
Here is Forbes Top 10 list of world’s highest-paid athletes:
- Conor McGregor (MMA) $180 million
- Lionel Messi (soccer) $130 million
- Cristiano Ronaldo (soccer) $120 million
- Dak Prescott (football) $105.5 million
- LeBron James (basketball) $96.5 million
- Neymar (soccer) $95 million
- Roger Federer (tennis) $90 million
- Lewis Hamilton (racing) $82 million
- Tom Brady (football) $76 million
- Kevin Durant (basketball) $75 million
McGregor’s last Top 10 appearance came in 2018.
“Notorious” will make his return to the Octagon for the second time this year when he collides with longtime rival Dustin Poirier. “The Diamond” evened their score at one apiece and will look to win the rubber match at UFC 264 this July in Las Vegas.
For much more on that upcoming fight click here.