Former UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva will make his pay-per-view (PPV) boxing debut against ex-WBC middleweight titleholder Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. at Jalisco Stadium in Guadalajara, Mexico, on Sat., June 19, 2021.
And he’ll do it as the +275 underdog.
That’s according to the number crunchers over at BetOnline.ag, who pegged Chavez Jr. as the -350 favorite. Probably because the Mexican pugilist is 59-5 with 34 knockouts and coming off a technical knockout win over Jeyson Minda last November.
Silva is 45 and has just one victory over the last eight years.
“I have rededicated myself to the sport that I love and I will be ready to face anyone in the light heavyweight division starting with Silva,” Chavez Jr. said in a statement released earlier this week. “I will be prepared to be victorious on June 19.”
The event will also feature Julio César Chávez Sr. taking on the son of longtime rival Hector Camacho Jr. under special exhibition rules.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage