That escalated quickly.
Former UFC lightweight champion Conor McGregor claims he’s withdrawing from his Dustin Poirier trilogy, apparently still upset “The Diamond” called him out for holding back a donation pledge “Notorious” made ahead of their UFC 257 rematch.
Get up to speed on that squabble right here.
“You’re ripped you inbred hillbilly,” an angry McGregor wrote on Twitter. “Why do you wink with your ears? You fucking brain dead hillbilly. $500k with no plan in place. Ye hang tight. Fool. You must be new to money. The fight is off btw. I’m going to fight someone else on the 10th. Good luck on your old contract kid.”
Poirier didn't seem too rattled by the response.
According to McGregor, he’s already signed the contract for their July 10 rubber match, which means backing out and finding a new opponent will require more than just the desire to do so, which is why “Notorious” retires every time he wants to change plans.
It’s Mardi Gras bitches get your tits out for it— Conor McGregor (@TheNotoriousMMA) April 12, 2021
At least the lightweight title, up for grabs at UFC 262, won’t be affected by this latest drama.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage