It’s been more than two years since Roger Huerta last competed in mixed martial arts (MMA), but it seems “El Matador” is ready to mount a comeback. The scrappy Lightweight is in line to face Christopher Gonzalez at the upcoming Bellator 255 fight card on April 2, 2021.
Huerta is currently in the midst of a three-fight losing streak under the Bellator MMA banner, losing to Benson Henderson, Patricky Freire and Sydney Outlaw, which went down in Nov. 2019, the last time “El Matador” stepped foot inside the cage. Huerta’s last win came in 2017, a disqualification victory over Hayder Hassan.
Gonzalez, meanwhile, is undefeated (5-0), winning four of those fights while under contract with Bellator. He was last seen defeating Vladimir Tokov via split decision at Bellator 244: “Bader vs Nemkov” in Aug. 2020.
The 155-pound showdown is expected to take place on the undercard.
The star-studded Bellator 255 event will feature a Featherweight championship rematch between division champion Patricio Freire and Emmanuel Sanchez. Plus, Usman Nurmagomedov will make his promotional debut against Mike Hamel, while Matt Mitrione returns to face Tyrell Fortune in Heavyweight action.
To check out the latest Bellator MMA-related news and notes be sure to hit up our comprehensive news archive right here.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage