Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship (BKFC) is looking to add some heavy leather to its current 265-pound roster and when you consider market availability, I’m not sure you can do much better than free agents Junior dos Santos and Alistair Overeem.
“Yes, we are interested in both Junior dos Santos and Alistair Overeem,” BKFC President David Feldman told BJPenn.com. “We have already made contact with them and their teams. Let’s see what happens.”
Dos Santos, 37, and Overeem, 40, have spent more than a decade competing for Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) but have struggled to find the win column in recent bouts. “Cigano” has dropped four straight — all by way of knockout — while “Demolition Man” has been the model of inconsistency for most of his Octagon run.
Since both athletes are in the twilight of their respective careers, it’s hard to say if other stateside promotions will be interested in making a run at either combatant. That said, former UFC heavyweight champion Fabricio Werdum had no trouble landing on his feet.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage