Leon Edwards saw his Octagon return end in a no contest last night (Sat., Mar. 13, 2021) at UFC Vegas 21 live on ESPN+ from inside UFC APEX in Las Vegas, Nevada, when “Rocky” poked Belal Muhammad in the eye and the main event was waved off (highlights HERE).
While the main event failed to deliver the goods the rest of the card came through. A long list of main card and “Prelims” fighters turned in memorable performances of all sorts. Check them out below:
- Welterweight prospect Matthew Semelsberger looked like a straight killer in his second Octagon appearance with a 16-second knockout finish over Jason Witt
- Bantamweight veteran Rani Yahya scored his 21st-career submission finish with a stoppage over Ray Rodriguez (see it HERE)
- Charles Jourdain got back into the UFC featherweight win column with an impressive TKO win over Octagon newcomer Marcelo Rojo
- Featherweight contender Dan Ige came through on his promise to earn a post-fight bonus with a one-punch knockout win over Gavin Tucker
- Davey Grant banked his second-straight knockout finish with a stunning comeback performance against promising youngster Jonathan Martinez
- A middleweight bout between Eryk Anders and Darren Stewart ended with a non contest after Anders landed an illegal knee in the first round (see it HERE)
- Ryan Spann staked his claim for the light heavyweight top 10 with a vicious TKO win over Misha Cirkunov
In order to sift through the action and see which fighters took home an extra $50,000, we take a closer look at the official UFC Vegas 21 bonus winners below:
Performance of the Night: Dan Ige
Performance of the Night: Davey Grant
Performance of the Night: Ryan Spann
Performance of the Night: Matthew Semelsberger
For complete UFC Vegas 21 results and coverage click here.