Former Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) interim 155-pound champion Tony Ferguson will try to snap the first two-fight losing streak of his career when he goes to war with veteran lightweight Beneil Dariush at the upcoming UFC 262 pay-per-view (PPV) event, scheduled for May 15, 2021 at a venue and city to be determined.
That’s according to MMA Junkie.
Ferguson (25-5), who turned 37 just a few weeks back, was bounced from the lightweight title chase after Justin Gaethje put him out to pasture at UFC 249 back in May 2020. “El Cucuy” would try to rebound against Charles Oliveira later that year, but got shut down across all three rounds en route to a lopsided unanimous decision defeat.
As for Dariush, who turns 32 in May, he’s the winner of six straight with four of those victories coming by way of knockout or submission. Dariush recently improved to 20-4-1 with a split decision victory over the rough-and-tumble Diego Ferreira at UFC Fight Night 184 last February in Las Vegas.
UFC 262 does not have a headliner as of this writing but is expected to feature a featherweight fracas between veteran bangers Edson Barboza and Shane Burgos. In addition, Andrea Lee returns to slug it out with 125-pound striker Antonina Shevchenko.
Expect more UFC 262 fight card announcements in the coming weeks.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage