Former UFC middleweight No. 1 contender, Paulo Costa, claims that Israel Adesanya only beat him at UFC 253 because “The Eraser” had inadvertently rubbed off 80-percent of his capacity through a volatile mix of red wine and leg cramps.
If you’re wondering why it took six months to come up with that excuse, you're not alone.
“It’s a joke, it’s an absolute joke,” UFC color commentator Daniel Cormier said on his ESPN show with Ariel Helwani. “He’s out of his mind. This dude Paulo Costa is gonna kill me when he sees me. He legitimately says some of the dumbest stuff I’ve ever heard in my entire life. I don’t know who is advising this young man. This is the stuff you say after, ‘Oh man I got drunk,’ because you didn’t have time to think of an excuse. It took you six months to come up with ‘you got drunk, you drank too much wine’ ... who told him to put that out there?”
I guess the previous excuse (see it here) wasn’t garnering enough sympathy.
Costa (13-1), who turns 30 in just a few weeks, will have an opportunity to erase the memory of his Adesanya loss — and the rump hump that followed it — with a big performance against ex-champion Robert Whittaker on April 17.
For much more on that upcoming showdown click here.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage