Longtime UFC welterweight contender Jorge Masvidal recently told the combat sports community that he’s booked for a 170-pound rematch against reigning division champion Kamaru Usman in September.
I guess Team Usman didn't get the Email.
“Masvidal doesn’t decide anything,” manager Ali Abdelaziz told MMA Fighting. “He needs to sit down and keep working his wrestling. When the champ makes a decision maybe he will give them an opportunity but for now nothing [is] happening.”
I’m sure this guy will be glad to hear that.
Masvidal was previously defeated by Usman in the UFC 251 pay-per-view (PPV) main event last July on “Fight Island” but has clung to the belief that his loss can be directly attributed to his lack of training camp.
Since Usman already beat “Gamebred” — as well as top contenders Colby Covington and Gilbert Burns — he’s in a better position to pick and choose his next opponent, or decide if and when he’ll participate in the next season of The Ultimate Fighter (TUF).
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage