Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) just lost the bantamweight matchup between Jimmie Rivera and Pedro Munhoz, now that “El Terror” has tested positive for COVID-19 and withdrawn from the UFC 258 main card this weekend in Las Vegas.
That’s according to a report from MMA Fighting.
The goal is to re-book their 135-pound showdown for UFC Vegas 20 on Feb. 27; however, those plans should be considered tentative as matchmakers try to map out Rivera’s recovery timeline, as well as contract negotiations between both fighters.
This marks the second time Rivera vs. Munhoz has been postponed, following some pre-fight hijinks at UFC Fight Island 8. In addition, “The Young Punisher” had his own COVID-related fight issues during last summer’s stint in Abu Dhabi.
As with most late-notice cancellations, the promotion has elevated a “Prelims” bout to the main card lineup:
Per UFC website.— MaRCeL DoRFF (@BigMarcel24) February 9, 2021
Andre Ewell vs. Chris Gutierrez will replacing Munhoz/Rivera on the #UFC258 PPV card.
To check out the latest UFC 258 fight card and lineup click here.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage