The hits just keep on coming.
The UFC Vegas 18 matchup between Marion Reneau and Macy Chiasson has been scratched from this weekend’s lineup after “The Belizean Bruiser” tested positive for COVID-19 and was forced to withdraw, postponing their bantamweight showdown to Feb. 27.
Reneau made the announcement on Instagram.
“The fight between Macy Chiasson and I has been cancelled for THIS weekend,” she wrote. “Unfortunately, I tested positive for COVID. I am feeling 100% fine with no symptoms. Macy and I have agreed to run it back on FEBRUARY 27! I appreciate Macy and her camp for being professional and willing to make this fight happen. Thank you for all the support leading up to this fight. Postponed...NOT CANCELLED! The goal doesn’t change! Just the date!”
UFC has yet to make an official announcement.
Reneau (9-6-1), who turns 44 in June, could be fighting for her job after dropping three straight fights. Her last Octagon appearance ended in a unanimous decision loss to Raquel Pennington at UFC on ESPN 11 back in June 2020.
UFC Vegas 18 previously lost the main card matchup between bantamweight bruisers Cody Stamann and Andre Ewell. To see all the latest changes to this weekend’s “Overeem vs. Volkov” fight card click here.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage