Former Pride FC and Strikeforce contender, Alistair Overeem, will attempt to pick up his third straight win inside the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) Octagon this Saturday (Feb. 6, 2021) when he takes on Alexander Volkov in the main event of UFC Vegas 18 in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Before then, let’s travel back in time to see some of “The Reem’s” most devastating finishes throughout his lengthy career in mixed martial arts (MMA). And there are several to choose from since Overeem has created a highlight reel thanks to his numerous fights all over the world.
Without further ado, here is the list:
- Knockout of Andrei Arlovski in 2018 via ground-and-pound.
- Knockout over Mark Hunt (knees) at UFC 209 in 2017.
- Submission (guillotine) of Igor Vovchanchyn at PRIDE Critics Countdown 2005.
- First round knockout of Stefan Struve in 2014.
- First round knockout of Brock Lesnar at UFC 141.
- Knockout of Augusto Sakai in 2020.
- First round knockout of Sergei Kharitonov at HERO’s 10 in 2007.
- First round knockout of Aleksei Oleynik in 2019.
- Knockout of Junior dos Santos in 2015.
Overeem will look for another highlight-reel finish over Volkov, while cementing his spot as a legit contender to the 265-pound title, which will be contested at UFC 260 as Stipe Miocic rematches Francis Ngannou on March 27, 2021.
To see the entire UFC Vegas 18: “Overeem vs. Volkov” fight card click here.