Jon Jones appears to be doing some self-reflecting amidst allegations of domestic violence and a felony charge.
Jones, the former UFC Light Heavyweight champion, was arrested in Las Vegas, Nevada on Sept. 24, 2021, and charged with one count of domestic battery, a misdemeanor, and one count of tampering with a police vehicle, a felony (see the mugshot here). The controversial fighter took to Instagram on Monday and shared a cryptic post.
“Yes, I’m a Christian,” the Instagram post reads. “Yes, I make hypocritical decisions. Yes, I fail. I stumble. I struggle. I am a mess. But I’m God’s mess. And he can turn a mess into a masterpiece.”
Jones (26-1, 1 NC) has not competed in professional mixed martial arts (MMA) since a debated unanimous decision win over Dominick Reyes at UFC 257 back in Feb. 2020. His only career loss is a 2009 disqualification defeat to Matt Hamill. Jones was handily winning the fight but was disqualified for landing illegal elbows.
In the aftermath of the latest allegations against the fighter, Jones’ long-time coach Mike Winkeljohn parted ways with his once star pupil.
Finished reading this story? The party doesn’t have to stop. Click here for combat sports more news.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage