Undefeated UFC welterweight phenom Khamzat Chimaev wants to show fight fans “who is the real gangster” when it comes to MMA fighting, so naturally “Borz” called for a 170-pound showdown opposite veteran slugger Nate Diaz.
That will undoubtedly come as bad news to this thirsty welterweight.
“Hey, Diaz. Let’s go brother,” Chimaev said at the UFC 267 post-fight press conference, fresh off his first-round submission of Li Jingliang in Abu Dhabi. “Gonna get some smoke bro. Let’s see who is the real gangster.”
Sounds like UFC President Dana White is on board.
“One hundred percent,” White told TMZ Sports about his interest in booking Chimaev vs. Diaz. “We’re going to talk to Nate about it. This guy is like nothing anyone has ever seen. When you think about it, he’s got more UFC wins than he’s been hit inside the Octagon. It’s insane. The other night they filmed his walkout on Instagram Live, and it broke the record. It’s the biggest Instagram Live we’ve ever done.”
The 36 year-old Diaz, no stranger to derailing UFC hype trains, has just one fight remaining on his current contract. The Stockton slapper has not competed since a unanimous decision loss to Leon Edwards at UFC 263 last June.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage