UFC welterweight attraction Khamzat Chimaev struggled to make the 170-pound limit ahead of his UFC comeback fight, which takes place against veteran bruiser Li Jingliang on the UFC 267 main card this Sat. (Oct. 30, 2021) on ESPN+ from “Fight Island” in Abu Dhabi.
Get complete UFC 267 weigh-in results here.
Chimaev came in 171.5 with his hands on the towel, a trick famously used by former heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier back when “DC” was trying to make the 205-pound limit. “Borz” weighed in for a second time after getting an additional hour to cut weight, but overcorrected with his hands on the towel, tipping the scale at 166 — 5.5 pounds under his first attempt.
His lightning-fast third effort — with arms in the air — came in at 171. Fortunately for the part-time middleweight, there is a one-pound allowance in non-title fights. That said, Chimaev needed to be helped off the stage by his team, which can’t leave “Borz” fans feeling overly-optimistic about his upcoming performance against “The Leech.”
We’ll find out in just over 24 hours.
MMAmania.com will deliver LIVE round-by-round, blow-by-blow coverage of the entire UFC 267 fight card RIGHT HERE, starting with the ESPN+ “Prelims” bouts at 10:30 a.m. ET, followed by the ESPN+ main card start time at 2 p.m. ET.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage