With all the bad news that keeps coming, it was hard not to be a bit worried when it was announced that former PRIDE Heavyweight champion and G.O.A.T. contender, Fedor Emelianenko, was hospitalized due to COVID-19.
On Jan. 21, 2021, Emelianenko confirmed the news that he was battling the virus on Instagram.
“Thank you all who are sincerely worried about my health,” he wrote. “I am feeling well now, I am on the mend. I am grateful to the doctors and medical staff for their care and your hard work.”
Now we’re happy to let you know that according to RSport.ru (via RT Sports), Fedor was released from the hospital on Mon., Jan. 25, 2021. No further details were shared, and Emelianenko has yet to release an update on any of his social media channels.
More than 100,000 people have died in Russia because of the coronavirus pandemic, including Abdulmanap Nurmagomedov, father and coach of UFC Lightweight champion, Khabib Nurmagomedov.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage