Dustin Poirier evened the score with Conor McGregor last night (Sat., Jan. 23, 2021) at UFC 257 live on ESPN+ PPV from inside Etihad Arena on Fight Island in Abu Dhabi, U.A.E., finishing “Notorious” via second-round TKO (punches) in their main event rematch. It is the first time McGregor has been stopped via strikes in his MMA career.
Poirier avoided some good shots early to secure a takedown. McGregor was able to get back to his feet and score some crisp jabs, short shoulder bumps, and a few power lefts. Poirier responded with his own shots including some snapping leg kicks down low.
In Round 2, Poirier landed more leg kicks that seemed to bother McGregor. “Notorious” kept trying to push forward but his movement was staggered. Poirier was able to take advantage and he started to tag McGregor with serious shots. McGregor ate a few but eventually collapsed to the canvas at the hands of a Poirier right hand. “Diamond” moved in for some extra punches and the eventual stoppage.
Check out the highlights below courtesy of UFC/ESPN.
For complete UFC 257 results and coverage click here.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage